Monday, November 21, 2011

Pumpkin Gingerbread Layered Desserts

For months I've been eyeing this Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle on Food Network and I've been dying to give it a try. One night while walking through the grocery store I had a brilliant idea and I was inspired. I decided to make mini-Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifles. LOVE this one.


Mini Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifles

1/2 cup pumpkin puree
Dash or two of cinnamon
Dash of pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup Light Cool Whip
10 Ginger Snaps
2 plastic cups

1. Put 10 gingersnaps in a plastic bag and crush. Put half in the bottom of each cup.
2. Mix pumpkin, spices, and 1/4 cup cool whip. Taste the pumpkin and if it's not quite sweet enough, ass a teaspoon of sugar.
3. Using half the pumpkin mixture, split evenly between the cups on top of the gingersnaps.
4. Using half the remaining cool whip, split between the cups and layer on top of the pumpkin.
5. Repeat layers using remaining gingersnaps, pumpkin mixture, and cool whip.
6. Refrigerate at least 6 hours. I prefer overnight which allows the gingersnaps to soften slightly and almost turn into gingersnap cake.



AEM

No comments:

Post a Comment