Monday, November 21, 2011

Pumpkin Pancakes

No, you can never have too much pumpkin! It's delicious and nutritious and versatile! I had a little bit of leftover pumpkin in the fridge from the pumpkin/gingerbread dessert and decided the best way to start a Saturday would be with pumpkin pancakes!

Here's how it worked for me...I plugged in my griddle and got that heated up to about 375 degrees and sprayed a bit of cooking spray on it. Then I grabbed my favorite pancake mix which calls for 1 cup of mix and 3/4 cup of water for 2 servings.


Pumpkin Pancakes

1 cup pancake mix
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons sugar (that pumpkin doesn't taste good alone on a Saturday morning!)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
about 1/4 to 1/2 cup water...until it's about the consistency of pancakes

Mix all of the ingredients together and pour your favorite sized pancakes onto the griddle. I found they took a little longer to cook than normal pancakes because of the moisture added by the pumpkin.


No pictures but trust me, they are delicious. Even Mike, who's not a big pumpkin guy, said "Now THIS is how I like to eat pumpkin!"


AEM

No comments:

Post a Comment