Monday, March 12, 2012

Roasted Chickpeas

For this, we can thank Katie. She did it first so then I had to try it too. I love hummus and chickpeas so Roasted Chickpeas sounded like a brilliant idea. Plus they are super simple. Although I had a lovely experience where my peas started popping and flying off the tray and burning on the bottom of the oven. Lesson learned: don't use the little top oven (I have a double oven with a mini-oven on top) and keep a tray under your pea tray just in case!

Roasted Chickpeas

1 can (15-16oz) Chickpeas
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons seasoning

1. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Rinse chickpeas, dry with paper towel. Put on cookie sheet, add olive oil, and shake to coat. Bake for about 30 minutes, shaking halfway through. Keep your eye on them so they don't burn!

2. Once they are done, toss in seasoning. I made a double batch. The first can got seasoning salt (delicious), the second batch got about 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 2 tablespoons brown sugar (also delicious). 


Seasoning Salt
Brown Sugar and Cinnamon





AEM

No comments:

Post a Comment