Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Annoyed in NY

I'm in Long Island this week for the annual kickoff meeting for work. It's always nice to get together and see everyone in person that I secretly praise or bash all day long in the comfort of my own home. The problem is that I'm cold and there's a frost advisory tonight. Actually, I take that back, that's not the problem at all. The problem is that I'm tired and this hotel (aka grandma's house cuz it's decorated so awfully, complete with decorative plates hanging on the walls of some rooms) is the worst ever.

I have a room with twin beds. Yep, 2 twin beds. WHAT?! YES! ugh. I'm not June Cleaver (God rest her soul), I don't need a pair of twin beds with a nightstand between them. To make matters worse, my OCD is out in full force because the ceiling isn't quite right so it's kinda saggy. This means I'm basically walking around with my eyes closed to avoid the annoyance I get by looking up and the anger I get by seeing my 2 twin beds. I don't even had a nice TV. It's like a 15 inch tube TV and, for all I know, it might be black-and-white. I wouldn't know though because I don't do tube TVs. Then last nightt, after a day of traveling and an extra long dinner, I just wanted to crash but my phone was almost dead so I needed an outlet. The most accessible plug was near the other twin bed but the bed was partially covering it so my charger wouldn't fit. I went to try to push the bed over a smidge but it wouldn't budge. My next attempt was to just lift the bed slightly to get the headboard to shift like half an inch so I could get to the plug. Much to my surprise, I ended up taking the headboard right off the WALL!. Needless to say, I found a plug, located behind my bed, duh. If they had hotels during Little House on the Prairie, I imagine they'd be like this and I imagine I would not stay in them if given the choice.

Here's the icing on the cake though. As I nestled into my twin bed tonight, I went to check the time so my OCD could lull me to sleep while I counted down all the minutes I wouldn't be sleeping tonight. After a quick glance around the room, I realized there was no comfortable red glow. In fact, there's no glow at all. In shock, I turn on the light thinking the annoying alarm clock must be hidden somewhere odd and blocked by something. Nope. Of course not. There's just no alarm clock. Great.

Twin bed. Saggy ceiling. No clock. And I'm pretty sure I have bed bugs because I have all of these annoying bites that keep cropping up on my ankles and it's really obnoxious. Thanks LI, you never fail to impress me.

Two more days...I think I can...I think I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment