Monday, November 15, 2010

The Night I Got Attacked by Lady Antebellum...

As many of you know, I'm the Maid of Honor in one of my best friend's wedding in December. Of all the MOH duties, the Bachelorette party was probably the one I was most excited about it!

After weeks of planning and spending $100's buying inappropriate, skanky Bachelorette decorations and games, which I can't detail because my Dad is an AVID follower of this blog (shout out to The Big Dog Daddy Dumont!), the Bachelorette Party was finally here on Friday night!

Keeping up with my food theme, I'll take a sentence to detail what I made: mini croissants with chicken salad, shrimp cocktail in individual cocktail glasses, veggie plate, baked brie, and chili cheese dip! My co-host, Sara Slugger, brought the booze!

We started the party at my condo (again, won't be detailing the activities - Hi Dad!) and then went out on the town. Everything was going as planned, each girl was completing her required tasks, the Bachelorette was having a blast, and the drinks were flowing.

That was until he showed up. Who is he you ask? I'm not quite sure his name. He has a beard, he's from Augusta, and, oh yea, he's a lead signer in the group Lady Antebellum.

Now, mind you, it is one of my BFF's Bachelorette parties! I wouldn't be a good MOH if I didn't try to get a photo of her and Lady Antebellum. And here goes the conversation:


Me: "Hi! Lady Antebellum (I didn't know his name so I just kept calling him Lady Antebellum). It's one of my best friends Bachelorette party. Do you mind taking a photo with her?"

Lady Antebellum: "Sorry I don't do pictures."

Me: "Um seriously? I didn't even know you were famous - someone had to tell me!"


I turn around and continue talking to his dumpy friend. Lady Antebellum follows me and grabs my arm pulling me aside leaving a bruise on my arm!


Lady Antebellum: "Listen I'm really sorry. I just don't take photos in a bar."

Me: "Again, I don't care! I was just trying to be nice to my friend. I didn't even know who you were!"

Lady Antebellum: "Oh, sorry."

Me: "Well since evidently you are famous - you must know famous people. Have you been on Regis and Kelly? I love Regis - he is my heart and soul!"

Lady Antebellum: "Yea I know Regis - nice guy."


Lady Antebellum's friend then proceeds to interject and tell me how he is not a Georgia Tech fan.


Me: "So you are a UGA fan? Figures!"

Lady Antebellum's dumpy friend: "No, not really a fan of anything."

Me: "So you stand for nothing!"


Then a groupie approaches me to inform me that Lady Antebellum (the group) won Artist of the Year.


Me: "They won artist of the year at the Country Music Awards! Not the Grammy Awards!"


By this time, I'm annoyed and Lady Antebellum is killing my buzz, so I say my goodbyes. The night continues on and I have forgotten about my horrific experience with Lady Antebellum.

I woke up Saturday morning in a haze (take a wild guess why?) to an aching arm. Then it suddenly hit me "I WAS ATTACKED BY LADY ANTEBELLUM AT THE BAR LAST NIGHT!"

A few Tylenol later and a hand print on my arm, I've got a good story at least! And someone else to hate besides Justin Timberlake! KTBSPA!

Ciao yall!

Kristin


Please Note: Forgive me if I sounded rude, I was over served and was utterly offended that Lady Antebellum wouldn't take a picture with my BFF on her Bachelorette night! I know Cohutta would have done it..................

2 comments:

  1. IM SO JEALOUS OF THIS STORY!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cohutta totally would have taken a pic - circa 2006... haha!

    ReplyDelete