Tuesday, November 9, 2010

We'll never "figure it out"?!

Finally taking a much-needed, 5 second break from the daily grind I stumbled across this article on cnn: http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/11/09/generation.thrisis/index.html?hpt=C2 It mentioned "thrisis" in the title and all I wanted to know was what the hell a thrisis is. Turns out it's basically that moment of panic you feel when you realize you're 30, or almost thirty. A cousin of the mid-life and quarter-life crisis, this is a 30-crisis...aka thrisis.

Funny enough, turning 30 has been popping up into my head a lot lately. No, I'm NOT almost 30 although I'm now less than 3 years away as I entered my late-20's this year. But my "pre-hubby" (as he was appropriately named earlier today) will be the big 3-0 in a year. Every year, around my birthday, I wonder "maybe this is the year I'll 'figure it all out'". Luckily I no longer have to wonder when that'll happen because the article tells me I won't figure it out. Ever.

At what point does someone become an adult? It's certainly not 18. Nor is it 21. You can't really be an adult when you're in college, it just doesn't work that way. Plus, I don't know about you, but I was a total moron in college. A lot's changed since then. I don't get carded as much as I used to. In fact, the only people who card me are the people at the grocery store who have to scan my license in order for me to purchase wine so it will allow them to scan the next item in my cart. Does that make me an adult? Nah, probably not.

Hmm...welcome to my thrisis.

No comments:

Post a Comment