Tuesday, November 9, 2010

She's stalking my life on the boardwalk...

A Jersey Shore quote that I always found hilarious, yet hoped would NEVER apply to my life.

Here's to hoping..

My roommate from my freshman year of college is literally stalking me. I haven't talked to her in about two years (when her son was born to congratulate her). I did not keep up with her during college and up until a couple of weeks ago, haven't thought about her at all. We are facebook friends (duh) but we don't exchange messages or wall posts. I don't look through her stuff because she is very private (still trying to keep that two year old son hush hush).

A few weeks back she sent me an e mail out of the blue "heard this Christmas song and though of you, since its after my birthday (Oct 12) its time for Christmas music to be in full blast". Ok, I didn't respond (rude I know) but what was there really to say?

Last week. I get an e mail asking me to confirm things only my closest friends know. Weird. How did she know these things? Apparently there is a rat out there... someone who is obsessed with me and talking about me constantly. My stalker admitted that I come up in conversation quite a bit. She even went as far as using a nick-name that only THREE people use and was developed WELL after she transferred from Albion. Then, she went as far as to name drop someone from Albion, saying they were her source but followed it up with a "just kidding haha". That person did not go to Albion when Stalker went there.

To wrap this up nicely with a bow, I'm completely creeped out.

Has anyone out there ever had a stalker? How do you deal with them?!

4 comments:

  1. ...I had a stalker once. In Georgia. She stalked my life on the boardwalk for sure. Luckily, we moved. This was before facebook so she couldn't find me there. I had to tell her I didn't have a phone or internet and therefore no email when she asked for that info. After we moved she'd go talk to my friends and use nicknames nobody outside of our group knew.

    My suggestion: move out of the state...or get a new email? How'd she get your email in the first place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit that there is fineline between "creepin'" and stalking. I do my fair share of facebook "info" reading (especially when laid off I did some company researching: ))and "photoablum" paparazzi trolling- but I can proudly say I don't feel like I actually know that person inside and out and can call them quote a best friend. I would defintely not have conversations about them either- pretending that I actually "talked" to them and know their whole life story.
    If I dont KNOW you - you aren't on my friends list. As a coach I do have kiddies on my friend porfile but thats for pure "dont piss me off or Im going to find a comprimising photo of you and turn it into the school and have you kicked off my team" purposes. Its happened- im not proud but you gotta do what you gotta do and I really dont want a 2 bit hussy assoiciated with me or a team for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL that got off topic really quickly and ended up being a pretty funny side note!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a stalker. AND I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL. This kid didn't go to my school or anything but he would call/text me EVERY single day...even when I NEVER responded or answered...I ended up blocking his number...somehow he called me the other day...of course I didn't answer.

    ReplyDelete