Thursday, December 9, 2010

Be Considerate of Others at Work!

I love where I work, it's a fun advertising agency! The office space is very open and we have a full kitchen right in the center, we have three refrigerators always stocked with people's food, mainly their lunches but other snacks as well.


I've recently started to bring my own lunch. It's easier then running out every day, it saves money and I can eat healthy! One of the main reason's I do it, is probably because I'm lazy and I don't like to run out every single day, it's a waste of time.

Out of the 70 people in this office, probably half bring their lunch every day. Good for them. Here is what I have a problem with:

Is it absolutely necessary for you to cook a shrimp Lean Cuisine nearly every day? Here list of daily smells that I have the pleasure of experiencing:

Popcorn - Any time of the day... Although I do LOVE popcorn I do not want to smell it at 10am. I only like to enjoy popcorn at the movie theater.

Some sort of seafood - I kid you not. There is always so sort of fishy smell lurking through the office at lunch time. The only time I want to smell seafood is when I'm in Florida at Joes Crap Shake eating crab legs till I explode.

Catfood - Yes, I know what you're thinking. Not really cat food, I'm assuming tuna. I'll admit, that I'm a tuna fan, but how on earth do you manage to make it smell like cat food?

Peanuts - You wouldn't think this is a problem, but if someone is munching on peanuts right near you... with their mouth open or maybe on a conference call. It becomes a problem.

Hand Sanitizer - I know this isn't a food (for most) but this is one of the most obnoxious smell's I've ever experienced. I personally loathe hand sanitizer. It makes me want to vomit. But I don't mind if people want to use it to kill germs, I just need to know if it's necessary to bathe yourself in it hourly?

Grandma's basement - Another non-food item. How do you shower every morning (I can tell you do) and still show up to work smelling like your grandma's old musty basement? Are you showering if her basement before you come here? Or maybe that's a new cologne/perfume they are selling at Walmart. Either way... you are getting some Dove from Santa in your stocking this year and I would really enjoy if you used it.

I'm sure there are many other scents, that I will think of around noon today, but those are the main ones! Happy Smelling!!!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. There was someone at Staples who most certainly consumed catfood for lunch regularly! GROSS

    Also, while some people wake up in the morning feeling like PDiddy, others wake up smelling like grandma's basement. Avoid those people, their entire existence smells like that!

    ReplyDelete