Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Things You'll See on a Plane...

...never fail to amaze me.

Besides my luggage loading issue, I encountered some fantastic things in the last two days on my way to-and-from San Diego and I'm looking forward to more this weekend en route to NYC and back.

I had a total of 4 flight segments. Tampa to Atlanta. Atlanta to San Diego. San Diego to Kansas City. Kansas City to Tampa. Normally I don't see many pets on flights but somehow, I ended up with a pet on every leg of this trip. First it was a cat a few rows in front of me which I'm certain did not help the way I was feeling. Next was a fat sweater-wearing Chihuahua across the aisle who is apparently too good for his carrier because he sat/slept on his mother's lap balled up in a dog-inspired homemade fleece knot blanket. Granted, his back end stayed in his little box, if that's any consolation. Today, on both flights, there was a little black what-seemed-to-be-Chihuahua huddled under my seat. I'm pretty sure I kicked her a few times because I forgot she was down there. Her retaliation was horribly stinky dog farts. Either that or she pooped her box.

I think the highlight was on my 7am (10am EST) flight out of San Diego, the two women in the row across the aisle ordered jack and cokes during beverage service. This was at 7:30 PST/10:30 EST...so while it may be 5 o'clock somewhere, it sure ain't 5 o'clock in the US! Then I realized, they weren't actually drinking "jack and coke", they were enjoying jack with a side of coke. One drank the jack straight and the other drank it with water. As if 1 round each wasn't enough on this early morning flight, they ordered round 2. To top it all off, one was flipping through a book titled "Fighting Fat" while sipping on her breakfast jack. Perhaps you should cut back on your early-morning booze consumption in favor of some nice water or tea, you'd be more successful it "fighting the fat"...It's just a thought...

1 comment:

  1. Booked round trip tickets this morning to a Vegas sales kickoff meeting in February and this post supplied the inspiration to booze on my pre-noon flight without feeling self-conscious. Word.

    ReplyDelete