Friday, December 17, 2010

My Holiday Hate List (But I LOVE Christmas...really I do!)

I love Christmas. Seriously. LOVE. CHRISTMAS. (Or the holidays to all you non-Christmas celebrators.) I'm so happy around Christmas! Ask anyone! I've decorated my entire condo and my boyfriend's house, too! I just LOVE Christmas! So in a VERY un-like Christmas spirit I have a bone to pick. Yes, this is my Holiday Hate List 2010. I'm sure it'll grow and become another blog post in the following week, but here are the things that drive me crazy this holiday season (Note: Most of these have been observed while sitting in INSANE Atlanta traffic)!

- People with the Apple logo sticker on their car. SERIOUSLY? You love your computer that much that you need to put a sticker on your car to support it. People put college stickers on their car, pro-football stickers, and you have your computer company's sticker on your car - for real? N-E-R-D.

- People with antlers on their car. WHY? That is so cheesy! FYI - your car is not a reindeer. As much as you want it to take flight and bypass all the traffic we are both sitting in, NEWS FLASH, it won't. I also classify Christmas lights and garland in this category.

- People that work in a job that REQUIRES specific knowledge about the products they sell! Normally I'd say this definitely applies to Best Buy, Home Depot, RadioShack; however, come this holiday season, it should apply EVERYWHERE. In the Buckhead ULTA today, I'm trying to decipher the difference between a $99.99 Chi Straighter, a $159.99 Chi Straighter, and a $179.99 Chi Straighter. The box is in Swedish and the English subtitle is very minimal. The sales person has no idea the difference between the three and tells me she doesn't use Chi straighteners. Um, do you work here though? The cashier also doesn't know how to call another store to ask. WOW! I didn't even wait for her to make a 2nd attempt. I left the store and went out to the ULTA in Alpharetta, where service is phenomenal, and they were able to answer my question in 2.2 seconds. Moral of the story: KNOW YOUR STUFF PEOPLE!

- Websites that advertise "Gifts under $25" and the first item listed is $29.99. Hm...pretty sure I didn't need to go to Georgia Tech (Go Jackets!) to tell you that $29.99 is not under $25. WHY! This is such a tease!

- People driving bad while on the cell phone. If you can't drive and talk at the same time (not that hard), then DON'T. I was almost hit about 14 times today by people on their cell phone! This is also the slow person driving 10 MPH in the left hand lane and when you pass them and look over, oh WOW! , they are on their cell phone! It's the 21st century, go buy a bluetooth; it's $20! Or put it on speaker phone. And if you don't have that functionality, I work at the big T (NYSE) so I'll point you in the right direction.


Phew! So glad I got that out! This cocktail I'm drinking is definitely helping :) Now, my next post will be more Christmas upbeat because I can't wait! Christmas is in less than 10-days!

Ciao yall!

Kristin

PS - Thanks to the other K and A for their shout outs to Kirk-a-doodle! STATE CHAMPS BABY!

2 comments:

  1. I hope your beverage is a rum and diet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, I just want you to know that you're hilarious!!! And I will be "Keeping Up with KAK" :)

    ReplyDelete