Monday, July 16, 2012

Eggs Benedict

Sometimes, when all else fails, the best thing to do is just make breakfast for dinner. I was having one of those days where NOTHING sounded appealing and I just wanted something comfortable and tasty but not totally disgustingly unhealthy. Ah yes, breakfast for dinner, that'll work! And what could be better than some Eggs Benedict, the way my dad taught me! I also made some mini-cini rolls because I just couldn't resist the idea of something sweet but not deadly!

Eggs Benedict

Eggs (we used 5)
English Muffins (each benedict gets one half)
Canadian Bacon
Hollandaise Sauce Packet
Paprika
Sliced  Olives (optional)

1. Bring pot of water to rolling boil. Drop cracked eggs into water, cover, remove from heat and set aside for about 8-10 minutes. I did all 5 eggs for about 10 minutes and the yolks were a smidge runny.
2. Split and toast English Muffins. Top each half with Canadian Bacon.
3. Prepare Hollandaise Sauce as directed on package. Take care to whisk constantly, chunky or burnt sauce is a no-go. I prepared mine using only water, no butter as suggested on the package.
4. Remove eggs with slotted spoon and place on bacon-topped-muffins. Spoon on Hollandaise sauce. Sprinkle with paprika and an olive slice if desired.





AEM





No comments:

Post a Comment