Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sesame Crusted Tuna

There's a restaurant nearby that has the best sesame crusted ahi tuna with an amazing ponzu sauce. I went to the grocery store for artichokes and chicken tonight and as I walked by the seafood department, I spotted tuna and couldn't resist trying this out. It was the first time I've made ahi tuna because I really do NOT like fish at all. This was good!

Sesame Crusted Tuna

2 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 ahi tuna steaks
1 tablespoon oil

1. Mix sesame seeds and salt in a bowl or plate.
2. Coat steaks in seed mixture. It really helps to use tongs to make sure it's all coated and you're not making a bigger mess than you need!
3. Heat oil in large pan over medium heat.
4. Cook steaks about 45 secs - 1 min or so on each side. Again, using the tops helps with the flipping!
5. Slice!



AEM

No comments:

Post a Comment