Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Green Bean Chicken Casserole

I had some leftover chicken and really wanted to find a use for it. I've been getting good at using leftovers but wanted to try something new but easy so I gave Green Bean Chicken Casserole a go.

Green Bean Chicken Casserole

2 chicken breasts - leftover or raw (probably better raw)
1 cup green beans (frozen, canned, fresh)
1 package sliced mushrooms
1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
1/5 cups Stovetop Stuffing
cooking spray
salt and pepper

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray glass baking dish lightly with cooking spray.
2. Prepare stuffing according to directions. I omit the butter. Sautee the mushrooms*
3. Cube chicken and place on bottom of pan. Top with green beans. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with mushrooms.
4. Mix soup with about 2 tablespoons of water and pour over the top of the mushrooms.
5. Layer on the prepared stuffing
6. Bake for about 20 minutes if the chicken is pre-cooked. If chicken is raw, bake for about 30-40 minutes.




*I had a little bit of liquid at the bottom of my dish when it was done. I did not pre-cook my mushrooms before adding them so I think that may have been the problem. Next time I will pre-cook the mushrooms.

AEM

No comments:

Post a Comment