Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Scoop: Banana Ice Cream for All

Ok, now when I first heard I could make ice cream with one ingredient and without my trusty ice cream maker, I had to admit, I was a bit apprehensive. I thought it was some sort of cheap trick to make me think I was eating ice cream but alas, I was wrong. There must be some magic in bananas that allow it to happen but with this recipe, bananas can easily turn into a delicious ice cream.

Banana Ice Cream

Bananas (about 1 banana per serving)

1. Peel the banana and slice it into about 1-inch thick slices. The size isn't really important, just slice it.
2. Place the slices on a plate and put them in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
3. Put the frozen banana slices and any mix-ins into a food processor or blender (I've tried both, both work equally well so pick whichever is easier to clean!).
4. Pulse until smooth.
5. Scoop out and serve!


For our first try, we made it with 3 bananas, 1 graham cracker and about 2 tablespoons of peanut butter chips and 1 tablespoon of mini chocolate chips. It was delicious and filling. I made it a second time with 1 banana and nothing more and it was a fantastic guilt-free snack and it actually tastes and looks like ice cream! Definitely in the regular rotation.



AEM

No comments:

Post a Comment