Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Granola "Bars"

For some reason I thought it might be a good idea to try to make my own granola bars. Why? I don't know because I really enjoy the bars we buy at the store and making my own really made me feel like one of those people who MUST make everything on their own when really, I don't have the time or patience for that nonsense. I don't know what I was thinking with this one but I was curious. The result was tasty and maybe even delicious albeit a little messier than I would have liked and not quite as firm as my store-bought bars.


Chocolate Granola Bars

1/2 cup peanut butter
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons agave nectar (or just use more honey!)
1/4 cup butter
1 cup oatmeal (not quick or instant)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

1. Mix peanut butter, honey, agave, and butter in a pot over medium-low heat until it melts, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.

2. Add oats to peanut butter/honey mixture. Mix until coated. Add in coconut and chocolate chips.

3. Pour into wax or foil-lined 8x8 pan and refrigerate until cool.

4. The bars should pull right off the wax/foil when cool. If they don't come off easily, refrigerate longer. Put on a cutting board and cut into the size and share you want.

I store these in a container in the refrigerator. They are really good but a little messy/soft.









AEM


No comments:

Post a Comment