Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Festive (Ugly) Light

We have the UGLIEST light over our dining room table. It was there when we moved in and we just haven't gotten rid of it yet. Partially because it seems like a pain to replace it and partially because we don't often use the dining room so it's offensive nature is typically hidden. I decided to decorate in an attempt to shield some of the heinousness and hoped the decor would not just draw attention to the awful thing. It could still use some perfecting and the light didn't want to cooperate but here's what went down.




I used ribbon and silver balls. I cut a long piece of ribbon, maybe about 2 feet long. I put one end of the ribbon through the hole in the top of the ball and put the ball in the center of the ribbon. I folded the ribbon in half and added in about 5-6 other balls with about 3-4 inches between each ball. Every ball except the first has both ends of the ribbon strung through it. I made three of these ball ribbons and tied one to each support on the light. Then I used little pieces of ribbon to tie it together and make it look like one mess instead of 3.

When it was done it looks a little unfinished to me so I found some extra red ribbon laying around and added bows. I'm not 100% pleased with the way it turned out but in my mind, it was much better than that horrid light!




AEM

No comments:

Post a Comment