Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christmas Puppy Chow

Well it seems as though I've been gone a while but have no fear, I'm back! And ready to give tons of updates about the trouble I've been causing. In addition to going crazy with the amount of cookies I made for Christmas (4 dozen sugar, 7 dozen chocolate chip, a mountain of tiny ginger snaps) I also whipped up some Christmas Puppy Chow. Delicious and easy!

Puppy Chow 

9 cups Chex Mix (I use Rice)
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

1. Pour chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter into a bowl and microwaved uncovered for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave another 30 seconds or until mixture is stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla.
2. Pour mixture over cereal and stir until evenly coated.
3. Add powdered sugar and stir until coated (or put mixture into a 2 gallon plastic bag, add powdered sugar and shake)
4. Spread on wax paper to cool. Store in airtight container.

**I also added about a 1/2 cup or so of red and green Christmas M&Ms to make it a little more festive.


Original recipe: http://www.chex.com/recipes/RecipeView.aspx?RecipeId=45860&CategoryId=340



AEM

No comments:

Post a Comment