Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Year, New Recipes - Lemon Honey Chicken

Unbeknownst to me, apparently I decided I would kick off the new year with all kinds of new and tasty recipes. It took me about a week into 2012 before I realized this was my plan but so far, I've kept up with it. Because of the lemon tree that just keeps kicking out lemons, we started the year with a lemon chicken recipe courtesy of my wonderful neighbor!


Lemon Honey Chicken

1 lemon
1 whole roasting chicken
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup honey

1. Rinse/clean chicken. Pierce lemon with fork and shove up the chicken's butt (ok, place in chicken cavity but whatever). Put chicken/lemon, laying down, into slow cooker.
2. Combine orange juice and honey. Pour over chicken.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Just before serving, remove lemon and squeeze over chicken but be careful, it'll be hot!
4. Carve chicken and serve. We loved it with wild rice and green beans.







AEM

No comments:

Post a Comment